One Page Websites: Pros and Cons
One page websites are exactly as they sound, websites where the entire site consists of one single page. Rather than having to navigate around multiple tabs, all the information an audience needs is right there in front of them.
Sounds good, but are they really worth it? Like any website, one page sites come with their own set of circumstances and challenges, and it can be difficult to decide which is the right type of website for your business. So, let’s go over the pro’s and con’s of one page websites, to make the design decision easier for you.
- To start, one page websites are perfect for mobile devices as there’s limited navigating involved, all you just have to simply scroll. This is even more ideal when you consider the majority of people do their online searching and shopping from mobile.
- With a one page website you can keep all your website content in one place, in turn keeping your brand narrative and voice strong.
- You can clearly control the order in which your audience interact with your content. Have a specific service, product, USP or CTA that you want people to see first? You can easily do that with one page sites.
- Following on from this, controlling the navigate also means you can directly influence user journey and experience. You can limit filler text and images and display only your prime content.
- One page websites can be difficult when it comes to Search Engine Optimisation. While you can of course fill your copy with SEO keywords and optimise the back end, it is only one page so you will have to stick to one keyword rather than different ones for separate pages.
- If you have a lot of content you need to cover, one page websites may not be for you. When you amass a lot of content onto a single page, loading times can be slow which you want to avoid.
- Following this, if you have a lot of different services or products you might want to reconsider a one page website as navigation can arise. If someone is searching for one specific thing, they can easily get frustrated having to scroll through lots of content.
As you can see, one page websites can be hugely rewarding when it comes to user experience. However, it may not be the right choice for your business. At Dorset Tech, our team of expert web designers will discuss your business and goals, in order to create the perfect website for you.
Why not contact Dorset Tech today!